Want to learn how to be a lacrosse goalie? Lacrosse goalies are a different breed of player. They sign up to stand as the last line of defense against the attack. When they make the stop that saves the game, everyone loves them. When it goes it, that is a different story.
Getting started as a beginner lacrosse goalie can be challenging. There is still a shortage of lacrosse goalie coaches who can teach young goalies the proper fundamentals required to build their career on a sound foundation. These fundamentals include:
- Understanding the proper stance within the goal.
- Building muscle memory necessary to become a great goalie.
- Stepping to every shot that is taken.
- Clearly communicating with a defense.
- Clearing the ball up the field and into the stick of the attack.
- Adopting a resilient mindset and short term memory that is always thinking about the next shot.
Here are nine articles to develop these skills:
- Build a Strong Goalie Stance
- Basic Lacrosse Goalie Gear
- Three Keys to Sound Goalie Passing
- Lacrosse Goalie 101 Guide to Saving Low Shots
- Three Steps to Becoming a Better Clearing Goalie
- The Ultimate Guide to Lacrosse Goalie Gloves
- How to Have Quicker Feet in 30 Seconds
- Goalie Workouts
- Becoming a Good Communicator